10 February 2009

Vile Bodies? Not too vile at all

I actually finished this book about three days ago, alright? I've been busy, alright? I'm SORRY. I'll be more punctual in future.

The verdict? I liked it. I thought Waugh was an early 20th century Bret Easton Ellis, without all the guts and black stuff. He shows up the more hollow side of the aristocracy, and why was I glad that it sort of worked for Nina and Adam? I didn't think they were a good couple, necessarily. But it was insightful and funny, and that can't be bad.

So I give Vile Bodies 4 cheese wheels out of five.

Other stuff:
* I found out that if you submit a 50 word review to fishpond.com, you get 20c credit on your account. I did a stack of them in an hour or so. So, if I submit 22 reviews a day (trust me, it's not hard), this is a (free!) book a week. Only problem is, you can't review books that have already been reviewed by someone else. But as I've read so many children's books over the years, I can make this work. Sweet!

* I have succumbed to husbandal pressure and am reading Life of Pi. It's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment